Self Assessment - Tax Return Advice in Ayr
It is a fundamental part of the self assessment system that responsibility lies with you, the taxpayer, to file Returns and pay the right amount of tax, at the right time - you must not wait for HMRC to ask.
However, many taxpayers find it difficult to understand the complexities of tax returns and often complete them incorrectly. To make matters worse, recent changes to tax law mean that people risk incurring more penalties through failure to complete their returns accurately and on time.
IDS + Co can help
At IDS + Co our specialist team of tax advisers can remove the burden of self assessment and save you time by taking care of process for you. We will prepare any necessary accounts, carry out the required computations, complete your return, and provide information about the amounts of tax liabilities or refunds which may be due. When you have approved the Return, we will arrange to file it with HMRC.
We can also liaise directly with HMRC on your behalf and address any difficulties and queries relating to the completion and filing of your Tax Returns or to the payment of your tax liabilities.
If you find yourself facing a self assessment enquiry by HMRC, our specialist team of Ayr Accountants will be able to act on your behalf so that the enquiry can be resolved in your best interests. We offer a comprehensive self assessment service, with services including:
- Calculating your tax liability
- Completing and filing your tax return on your behalf
- Advising you when various payments are due and how much to pay
- Liaising with your bank, building society, stockbrokers etc to gather the relevant data for your annual returns
- Advising on appropriate record retention
- Introducing you to any relevant tax saving ideas
- Acting for you at any meetings, should you be selected for a self assessment enquiry
If you would like help with your self assessment return and are looking for a team of qualified tax advisers in the Ayr area, please get in touch.