Corporation Tax - Advisory Services in Ayr
For limited companies, Corporation Tax is payable on profits, and Income Tax might also be payable by the director/shareholders where these profits are paid to them as dividends or remuneration.
The rate of corporation tax you have to pay will depend on which band the profits fall into (we can provide you with the latest figures - contact us).
Where a company has associated companies (members of the same group or companies controlled by the same persons), the rate bands are scaled down. There are complicated rules which might make companies associated even if they are controlled by different people (e.g. family members).
How we can help
Advising on companies' tax affairs is a fundamental element of the service we offer to business owners in Ayr. The Ayr team at IDS + Co can assist with a wide range of company tax matters, such as:
- Preparation of corporation tax computations and returns
- Remuneration strategy for directors and shareholders
- Tax efficient distribution of profits to directors and shareholders
- Corporate group structures
- Business succession planning
- Acquisitions and sales of businesses and business assets
- HM Revenue & Customs enquiries and investigations
If you are looking for help and advice on corporation tax in the Ayr area, and would like to discover how we may be able to minimise the tax burden, please contact IDS + Co today.